This work tells the story of when Women pass they go into the heaven as a brightly shinning star. Aboriginal people look to the sky to see that they are on the right path with the stars lighting the way.
It was not until he turned 55 that he went back to University to study Aboriginal art and culture graduating in 2009 from Griffith University with a Bachelor Degree.
Lloyd has been a professional Artist since graduating in 2009, working with community sharing Aboriginal Culture through his artworks.
- Graduating with a Bachelor Degree from Griffith Uni 2009
- Awarded Australia Day Award 2016 for Art and Culture
- Raised $250,000 for Indigenous Heart Research for the Heart Foundation
- Wrote an Art Therapy program to help Aboriginal Prisoners – the effects being reduction in reoffending.
- Negotiated jobs for Aboriginal youth in the Cannington Mine
- Opened our own gallery ‘Gawura Gallery’ in Glen Innes 2017
- Invited to exhibit in Europe, in the Biennial, Cannes Film Festival, and Du Louvre during 2021 and throughout Europe in 2022 with PAKS Galleries.
Size: 108cm Deep x 157cm Wide